miércoles, 20 de septiembre de 2017

3 TIPS ABOUT BECOMING A MOTHER AND NOT LOSE YOURSELF IN THE PROCESS

Disclamer: before I illustrate my point of view, I want to state that this blog is my own personal experience, I’m not a professional about motherhood or childcare and I don’t intent to have the last word in the matter.



Today I´m  talking about my experience on becoming a mother, I want you to know that  until two years before a I had my baby, I didn’t want to have kids. I always thought I wasn’t mother material. When I met my husband,  I realized that it was not the fact that I didn’t like kids, I was just afraid of not having a good partner to share parenting with, So I had given up on the idea of being a mother. Nowadays I regret feeling that way before, because since having my baby I can't imagine my life without her.

However, Being a Mom has been such an amazing adventure, a roller coaster of emotions and concerns about my role, like  the constant wondering if what I am doing for my baby is good for her or not. Add to this the mood swings due to changing hormones and the fact that you have a partner you should make time for and deserves your attention too. Sometimes it´s not easy. Don´t get me wrong, having that little baby in my arms and giving birth to her has been the most wonderful experience of my entire life.  But it’s also  hard work that I’ve had to get used to. So if you are a new mother, with a newborn baby, I´m sure you can relate and if you are about to give birth, don’t worry, this situation is completely normal and you will overcome the challenges.. With time, you will get used to those changes and will be easy to multitask.

By becoming a mother I have learned a lot about myself and my strength. For example, being able to pass the point of exhaustion and keep on going because the baby is sick or she has woken up a lot at night.. Trusting your gut more because it can give you the ability to foresee some situation and prevent something bad from happening, remember that the connection between a mother and her child it’s something beyond explanation.

My goal since I became a mother has been to be the best mom I can be to my child, the best wife/woman I can be to my Husband and not losing myself in the attempt, even though sometimes that seems impossible. 

Here is some advice if you feel a little overwhelmed or not knowing what to do:



Take good care of yourself

  • In order to give the best of yourself, you have to take care of you, because you matter too. Find out what is that you need to feel good with yourself even if that will be taking some psycological therapy whether you have some baby blues o you feel depressed, go out with your friends, pamper yourself with mani/pedi, practice a sport (if your condition allows it) or going for a walk to clear your mind.

Let the baby do things by itself

  • The baby care and well being can be a full time job, feeding her, bathing her and stimulating her can take a lot of your time and effort, and it´s worth it. But for me it was easier by letting the baby do things by herself (according to her age), for example tummy time on the floor on top of a cozy blanket allow the baby to strength his/her neck and gives you free time to do something. WARNING: ALWAYS SUPERVISE THE BABY TO PREVENT THE BABY FROM INJURY.

Share time with your partner 

  • Last but not least we can’t forget about our partner, he is as committed as you to the job of raising this baby. I know it´s hard because you are tired, you feel saggy and the last thing you feel about yourself is sexy and wanting to get intimate. But that´s relationships all about, making efforts for one another just because you love him. Try making some alone time when baby goes to bed, have some dinner, watch some movie or just chat for a little bit. Don´t let the things cool down.

I learned this tips as time passed by and I want to share it with you, but it´s entirely your choice to follow them or not. It has saved my relationship, my energy and my mind´s health. I think the most important part is that, whatever you do, do it with love and in the best interest of your child, your family and yourself. 



Thank you for reading this, hope this is useful and I will see you soon, Follow me in all my social media where I post illustrations about this beautiful adventure of being Mom.

Follow me: Instagram - Twitter 

Watch my work on: tumblr

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Ask away about any topic related to being a mom, breastfeeding, living abroad mom and entrepreneurship.

LATEST POST

9 TIPS AND TRICKS TO ACCOMPLISH A NATURAL LABOR.

Hello, my beloved readers!!! On the Last Post I talked about my natural labor story, today I want to talk about the tips and trick ...

FAMOUS POST