viernes, 14 de diciembre de 2018

9 TIPS AND TRICKS TO ACCOMPLISH A NATURAL LABOR.

Hello, my beloved readers!!!

On the Last Post I talked about my natural labor story, today I want to talk about the tips and trick I
followed and I came up with to have a successful Non medicated natural labor.

Disclaimer: this tips are for a normal pregnancy and deliver, you have to have ALWAYS in mind that
sometime thing don't happen the way we want it and the MOST IMPORTANT THING IS YOUR BABY´S
HEALTH AND WELL BEING!!!

In order to accomplish this task you must prepare yourself mentally and phisically, here is how I did it:

MENTALLY


1) Make your decision regardless of what anybody says.

Sometime making the decision of having a natural none medicated labor it’s hard and some people will
tell you that you are crazy and that it’s old fashioned and even archaic. But this is a personal decision
that only effects you and you have the right to make it and be respected.



2) Embrace the fear, because you will feel it.

Fear is a natural response to the unknown. I have to be honest, I had fear of how much I could hurt but
I always thought if any woman’s body is especially build to give birth is because somehow we are also
build to manage the pain and all the hustle that comes with it.

My take on this matter was besides of that mindset was:  the last month or so I began watching videos
on youtube of natural births, I wanted to know the most I could about what I was facing, I paid close
attention to positions to deal with the pain, the best ways to give birth and successful delivery stories,
I wanted to feel confident and in charge of my body and my decision.

This allowed me to think that no matter how much was going on, I was expecting more even when it
was the end and I was ready to push.

3) You are going to do everything right even when you don’t know what to do.

Giving birth is a total connection with your body and your root as ”animal” if you just stop listening to
other people say and start listening to what you feel and your body’s needs you are going to be ready
to give birth to this baby the best way you can.

4) Consider the fact that something could go wrong.

Sometimes because of reasons out of our control a natural birth it’s not possible. Let the professionals
take control of what is best for you and your baby.  That is the most important thing that should be on
your mind.





PHYSICALLY
5) Take walks and swim.

For me, swimming was impossible because it was winter time when I was pregnant but I did take long
walks and it was great. They helped me position the baby in the birth canal and helped me not gaining
too much weight.



6) Get a pilates ball.

I remember having a lot of sciatica pains and not being able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Sitting in a pilates ball made me feel better about this pains and with exercises in that same ball,
helped me to open up my hips and also position the baby’s head.

During labor sitting in the ball release the pressure in the perineum during contractions and allowed
me to move to handle the pain.

7) have sex.

Even better if you are a first-time mom, prostaglandins present in semen are a group of physiologically
active lipid compounds having diverse hormone-like effects in your body. They help you induce labor  
if you are past your due date and the sex is also relaxing for you and the baby.

8) Sit on the toilet.

For me sitting on the toilet was the clue to the success of my active labor. I cannot tell you how much
I could handle the pain by sitting on the toilet, I think I was there for more than two hours and I just
stand up from there because I was expecting the pain to go higher and I didn’t want to waste this card
on the earlier stages of the labor. But apparently, I was in active labor while sitting there and it helped
me a lot. Totally recommend it!

9) Move!

While in labor there was a moment that I ly in bed because I felt tire, Worst idea ever! That was the
moment when I felt the most pain and It was unbearable. Move while you have the contraction, walk,
dance or wiggle if you feel like it.

This tips and tricks I put them in your hands they assured me a natural delivery without medication.
Some of them I got them from the obstetric nurse, some of them from the youtube videos I watched
and some I came up with as a result of my experience. I hope this has being useful and I hope you
have in mind that a natural birth leads to a successful breastfeeding and a proper bonding between
you and your baby.

As always, I hope to read your comments about this subject,  they are always so useful to me and
others, down below I leave you an infographics with exercises to relieve sciatica pain with the pilates
ball.




Follow me: Instagram - Twitter - Facebook


Watch my work on: tumblr

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Ask away about any topic related to being a mom, breastfeeding, living abroad mom and entrepreneurship.

LATEST POST

9 TIPS AND TRICKS TO ACCOMPLISH A NATURAL LABOR.

Hello, my beloved readers!!! On the Last Post I talked about my natural labor story, today I want to talk about the tips and trick ...

FAMOUS POST